Understanding and Obtaining HUBZone Certification – Update 2021
April 8 @ 07:00 - 08:30
In late 2019, the SBA issued a final rule, making several changes to the HUBZone program. In this webinar, government contract attorneys, Steven Koprince and Shane McCall of Koprince Law, discuss these changes as well as SBA’s related guidance and provide an overview of the HUBZone program’s requirements, including:
- Ownership, control, and other HUBZone eligibility criteria.
- Benefits: HUBZone set-asides, sole-source contracts, and price preference.
- The principal office rule and why it may not be your headquarters.
- The 35% employee rule and the “attempt to maintain” standard.
- Who qualifies as an employee and what happens if they move.
- The clear line of fracture standard.
- Annual certification.
- Program examinations.
- Maintaining compliance in a changing landscape.
If you’re a HUBZone concern trying to navigate these uncharted waters or have thought about obtaining HUBZone certification in the future, this webinar is for you.