Step 10: Contact Your Hawai’i PTAC!
A Resource for You
In 1986, the Department of Defense established a nationwide network of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) to assist small businesses with their government contracting efforts. The Hawaii PTAC is a cooperative agreement program of the Hawaii Small Business Development Center through the Research Corporation of The University of Hawaii. Our team provides FREE assistance, education, and resources to any business in search of government contract opportunities. Our core services include:
Our experienced on-site counselors can guide you through the complicated government procurement processes. A few of the services PTACs offer include:
- Identifying if your business in position to pursue government contracts
- Identifying and registering your business with the appropriate Industry Codes
- Obtaining a DUNS number and registering in SAM (required for federal contracting) and DSBS
- Assistance with completing your Representations and Certifications
- Assistance with applying for multiple small business certifications (8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WO)
- Helping assess Government demand for your product or service
- Marketing to specific desired Government agencies
- Matching your business to current government opportunities
ELECTRONIC BID MATCH
PTAC’s most resourceful service is Bid Match – an electronic matching of your products or services with government solicitation opportunities (federal, state, and county). PTAC clients establish a profile based on the types of products or services provided; opportunities matching that profile are then sent directly via email. Utilization of this free service requires submitting performance results through our quarterly survey.
WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
These educational and informative workshops provide you with the most current contracting information. PTAC also introduces you to agency contracting personnel and prime contractors through our “Meet-the-Agency” and “Meet-the-Prime” programs.